Individual sheets are fed through the press. A number of format sizes and heavier paper grades can be run through the same machine.
Thin and newspaper grades are best used on these machines. Web presses can be either heat-set (dried by forced air heating) or cold-set (dries naturally).
Desired Properties of Offset Printing Include:
- Curl Resistance
- Good Level of Resistance to Moisture Penetration
Best Products for Offset Printing:
- Products with fine detail and photographs
- Large runs, ie 1,000+ sheets
- Products requiring future re-runs
- Products requiring unusual substrates and sheet sizes
- Products with special spot colours
- Accurately produced corporate colours
- Large format
Newspapers, magazines, books, brochures, posters, greeting cards, business forms, business cards, business stationery, folders, mailers, coupons, integrated products, art reproductions, and more.